Nicole joined Keane, Reese, Vesely & Gerdes in 2010. Nicole focuses her practice on appeals, commercial and business litigation, and personal injury law.
Nicole earned her J.D., magna cum laude, in 2009, from the Florida Coastal School of Law where she ranked among the two percent of her class. While in law school she served as the Business Editor of the Florida Coastal law Review, earned the Governor’s Achievement Award and the Book Award for the Law of Information Technology and Family Law courses, and achieved recognition as a Dean’s Scholar.
In the fall of 2008, Nicole served as a judicial intern to Justice Ricky Polston and former Justice Kenneth Bell on the Florida Supreme Court.
Nicole earned her B.A. in English with a concentration in business, Valedictorian, in 2006, from the University of Saint Francis. While in college, Nicole won the Paul Hagan Junior Achievement in English Award, the Outstanding Achievement in English Award for three consecutive years, and achieved recognition on the Dean’s List and National Dean’s List.
In addition to her collegiate studies, Nicole captained the University of Saint Francis women’s soccer team and was recognized as an Honorable Mention All-American women’s soccer player and was selected to the ESPN The Magazine All-American team.
Nicole is an active member of the Florida Bar. She currently serves on the Appellate Court Rules Committee and previously served on the Student Education and Admissions to the Bar Committee.
Nicole is also involved in the following professional and civic organizations:
- The Florida Bar
- Young Lawyers Division (2009 – present)
- The St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section (2010 – present)
- Appellate Practice Section (2010 – present)
- Trial Practice Section (2010 – present)
- The American Bar Association (2009 – present)
- Sixth Judicial Circuit Court’s Professionalism Committee (2011-2014)
- The Barney Masterson Inn of Court (2011-2014)
- Leadership St. Petersburg, Class of 2013
- Leadership St. Petersburg Alumni Association (2013 – present)
- Police Athletic League of St. Petersburg Board of Directors (2011 – present)
- Founder’s Club Breakfast Co-Chair, 2013, 2014
- Pete Young Professionals (2012 – 2014)
- Everton Florida Youth Soccer, Coach (2010 – 2012)
Mrs. Ziegler, f/k/a Nicole Clausing’s, reported appellate decisions include: